Readmitted to hospital a child with microcephaly

Norvi Maria Ferreras, 27, is a student nurse and said that all checks pregnancy was made.

Hours after the mother of the first child born with congenital malformations, including microcephaly, for possible mosquito bite that transmits the Zika virus, received a medical discharge and go to their community, the newborn was admitted again to the area of perinatology Jaime Mota Regional University hospital with symptoms of fever.

He was discharged with the mother on Saturday around noon, but when they arrived at 2:00 pm to the Pool the little boy had a fever, so they chose to take it to the municipal hospital, where he was referred to St. Bartholomew, Neyba, which in turn ordered to move to Regional Hospital Universitario Jaime Mota, where he is now entered.

His mother, norvi Maria Ferreras, a 27 year-old resident in the city's discovered, Independencia province, exclusively told Listin Diario that the doctors who care for your baby informed him that the child is in good health and the febrile illness disappeared.

studying nursing

He tried to talk with the medical staff and nurses caring for the child, who is in a restricted access only to those responsible for the area, but all refused to refer to the case and, instead, referred to the school management, of those who said are the only ones authorized to provide information on the case.

At a time when the child's mother, who is studying nursing at the Catholic University of Technology Barahona (Ucateba), conversed with this reporter, a person who works, apparently, to the Ministry of Public Health, led to the outside of the hospital and I started talking to someone through a cell phone.

The young mother, who has a daughter of 12 years, looks good, but she cries every moment for your baby, you have a health condition associated with zika, and she denies having felt some discomfort during pregnancy, after being bitten by the mosquito that transmits the virus without her knowing it.

She agreed to talk with the newspaper Listin Diario, and among broken words, reiterating his desire that the health authorities help your child to live. "I feel a little depressed because the child was born that way.What I want is to help me with the necessary care so that he can live, "he said before the birth of her second child, which he said were waiting with much love she and her partner.

They did not notice anything

Ferreras, as a nursing student is empowered and since the first months of gestation began in his native community of La Discovered in prenatal checkups, which then continued in the town of Neiba, Bahoruco province.

However, she said she was surprised that you have not detected any abnormalities in pregnancy, until after that there was nothing to do and she gave birth to eight months, not nine months in normal cases.

He said the sonography was done during the first six months never detected anything that would prejudice her pregnancy, until Monday 27 when it became the last sonography, in which he said was that he found that he had problems with pregnancy.

"I was doing the sonograms in a private center, always with the same doctor in the town of Neiba, then he (doctor) moved to another place, but I looked and continued with the same asking myself," she explained.

He said he does not remember the name of the medical practitioner who made the medical procedure for monitoring the evolution of pregnancy, precisely to detect any abnormality and fails to understand how it could happen.

(+) 
TRANSFER TO HOSPITAL  ROBERT REID CABRAL

The boy's mother said during gestation felt nothing like fever or pain, so can not explain how it was that happened this situation. He said he was told that the child would rain at Hospital Dr.

Robert Ried Cabral, National District, so she and her relatives were organized to transfer.

Birth
afternoon of Saturday the Ministry of Health reported the birth of a child with congenital malformations, including microcephaly, without having established whether or not directly related to the disease Zika virus or other diseases.

The birth was in the hospital Jaime Mota de Barahona. Minister Altagracia Guzman Marcelino, said in a statement that it is an infant born vaginally, weighing three pounds and 12 ounces, with head circumference of 26.5 centimeters and was rechequeado to 18 hours of birth, using tape measure CLAP, and its size was 27 centimeters perimeter also 27 centimeters.

We made efforts to contact by phone with Dr. Amelia Figuereo, Provincial Director of Health, to know the number of cases of Zika virus affected and how many pregnant women have been affected.

http://revistadigitalrd.net/2016/07/04/madre-pide-ayuda-a-las-autoridades-reingresan-a-hospital-a-nino-con-microcefalia-progenitora-reacciono-sorprendida-que-no-notaran-anormalidad-en-embarazo/