Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Recombinomics Inc.

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Pandemic Potentials Blog

H5N1 HPAI Bald Eagle Washington County Minnesota

Featured Replies

H5N1 Bald Eagle Washington MN 4/12/22

I was doing some ? scouting along the St Croix last Friday when I came upon this beauty. It was debilitated and having seizures.

Today I was informed this magnificent creature died from highly pathogenic avian influenza (bird flu, HPAI).

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=the raptor center

Edited by niman

  • Author
I was doing some ? scouting along the St Croix last Friday when I came upon this beauty. It was debilitated and having seizures. You can see it twitching it’s head in the video but I didn’t record the seizures as I knew that was the time I would be able to capture the bird. After following it around for about an hour and watching it fall out of trees while seizing, I was able to get my sweatshirt wrapped around it and secure it in my arms.
A conversation with The Raptor Center led me to a volunteer who was willing to meet me and take the ? to TRC. Well, I was 1.5 miles deep in the hills and had to hike out with one hand securing its feet and the other arm cradling/securing it. About every 15 minutes the bird would have a seizure and at one time it called out six inches from my ear.?
Nearing the end of my hike, I realized the bird had died. I suspected it may have been suffering from lead poisoning given its presentation. Today I was informed this magnificent creature died from highly pathogenic avian influenza (bird flu, HPAI). Not only are poultry producers, backyard chicken enthusiasts, and their associated animal health professionals being bombarded with this nasty virus, but our wild birds are getting hit hard this spring, too.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.