Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Recombinomics Inc.

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Pandemic Potentials Blog

Fatal COVID Family Cluster Kills Four In Pennsylvania / New Jersey

Featured Replies

Four members of the extended family have died within days of one other, and three others are hospitalized.

Their plight, first reported by NJ.com, began with the death of Rita Fusco-Jackson, 55, on Friday. She was the second person in New Jersey confirmed to have died from COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus.

Fusco-Jackson's death was the beginning of a nightmare, as her brother, Carmine Fusco, of Bath, Pennsylvania, also tested positive for the virus and died Wednesday. Hours later, their mother, Grace Fusco, died at the age of 73.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coronavirus-shatters-new-jersey-family-kills-3-4-more-hospitals-n1163696

  • Author

Coronavirus shatters New Jersey family, kills 4 with 3 more hospitalized

"I went to sleep having 10 aunts and uncles! Friday I woke up and found out I only had 9. Just a few minutes ago I found out I only have 8," a relative said.
 

Image: Fusco familyMembers of the Fusco family.Gabba Gunga via Facebook

 
 
By Minyvonne Burke, Caroline Radnofsky and Kurt Chirbas

The heavy toll of the coronavirus pandemic is hitting one large New Jersey family especially hard.

Four members of the extended family have died within days of one other, and three others are hospitalized.

 

Their plight, first reported by NJ.com, began with the death of Rita Fusco-Jackson, 55, on Friday. She was the second person in New Jersey confirmed to have died from COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus.

Fusco-Jackson's death was the beginning of a nightmare, as her brother, Carmine Fusco, of Bath, Pennsylvania, also tested positive for the virus and died Wednesday. Hours later, their mother, Grace Fusco, died at the age of 73.

Vincent Fusco died Thursday at CentraState Medical Center, relative Roseann Paradiso Fodera told NJ Advance Media. His mother died the day prior at the same facility.

Full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak

Three other of Grace Fusco's children remain in the hospital. About 20 other relatives are being quarantined in their homes, The New York Times reported.

“If they’re not on a respirator, they’re quarantined,”Fodera told the Times. “It is so pitiful. They can’t even mourn the way you would.”

familymemberscorona.focal-1000x563.jpg
 
 

familymemberscorona.focal-760x428.jpg

 
 

One of Fusco-Jackson's nieces, Gabby Cartagena, who goes by Gabba Gunga on Facebook, of Howell, New Jersey, registered her shock and grief in a Facebook post on Wednesday.

"My mom is one of 11, last Thursday I went to sleep having 10 aunts and uncles! Friday I woke up and found out I only had 9. Just a few minutes ago I found out I only have 8," she wrote. "Please hold your love ones close and cherish every second and minute you have together."

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.