New York
107 topics in this forum
-
-
- 1 reply
- 496 views
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
-
-
- 2 replies
- 500 views
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 486 views
-
-
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) One day after a case of Zika virus was confirmed in Oneida County, health officials have confirmed that three cases have been identified in Onondaga County. They stress, however, that the cases do not present a threat to public health. Officials have not indicated how the people contracted the virus, or where they live. http://www.localsyr.com/3-zika-virus-cases-confirmed-in-onondaga-county-officials-say-no-public-health-threat?utm_content=buffer7a76b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
-
- 4 replies
- 968 views
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 456 views
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 469 views
-
-
The Oneida County Health Department says it has confirmed its first case of the Zika virus. According to health officials, the person became infected in South America. http://www.localsyr.com/news/local-news/zika-case-confirmed-in-oneida-county
-
- 1 reply
- 461 views
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 684 views
-
-
The New York City Zika page updated today to 59, from the 40 reported last Monday. The New York State Wednesday update jumped from 36 to 61. These jumps in New York City were in marked contrast to the New York State numbers for locales outside of New York City, which rose from 37 to 38. The cause of the spike in New York City is unclear. They recently began doing their own testing (which had been done previously by the state lab, Wadsworth Center, in Albany). The numbers may have been impacted by test results from students returning from Spring break,or additional imports from Caribbean Islands,including Puerto Rico.
-
- 2 replies
- 586 views
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 618 views
-
-
My friend is Shoshanna Cogan of Lewiston. She’s a leadership facilitator and trainer who travels the world giving seminars. More than three months ago she was doing some volunteer work on a Caribbean island and spending a few weeks in a Spanish immersion program. Her husband, Shannon Hodges, a professor at Niagara University, had visited her there for a few days of vacation and the two got a chance to enjoy each other’s company in the sunshine. Shannon recalls getting a few mosquito bites on the island, but Shoshanna didn’t see a mosquito the whole time she was there. When Shannon got home a few weeks before his wife, he was very sick. He had a rash, fever, movement was…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
The diagnosis for Niagara County’s first confirmed case of zika virus was finally determined early this week, and it put at ease the local woman who’s been suffering symptoms for months. The North Tonawanda woman, who is not being named to protect her identity, went to Haiti on Jan. 1. She was there for just two weeks, and contracted the virus. “I wore mosquito protection, I wore Deep Woods Off everyday, and I still got like 30 mosquito bites,” she said. “And so the day after I got home is when the symptoms started showing up.” Symptoms like high fever, rash, achy joints and muscles and exhaustion, and diarrhea that lasted for so long, she finally went to her primary care…
-
- 2 replies
- 578 views
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 411 views
-
-
NOTE: The state Department of Health will not talk about Zika birth outcomes or the one case of sexual transmission in New York. But it has released a list of Zika cases in New York by county. The list is current as of Monday. New York City 36 (NYC cases now at 40)Suffolk 13Nassau 9Dutchess 2Westchester 2Erie 1Monroe 1Onondaga 1Orange 1Putnam 1Rockland 1Tompkins 1http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/local/blogs/watchdog/2016/04/18/nys-zika-birth-outcomes/83190484/
-
- 2 replies
- 605 views
-
-
Latest Facts and Advisories as of 4/18/2016 [ Español (PDF)]Reported cases of Zika in New York City: 40 Six of the forty cases were pregnant at the time of diagnosis;All cases contracted Zika while visiting other countries; andAll patients have recovered.http://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/health/health-topics/zika-virus.page
-
- 1 reply
- 482 views
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 482 views
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 569 views
-
-
-
- 0 replies
- 308 views
-
-
Dispatches from America's Zika Virus Epicenter: Puerto RicoThirteen mosquito bites later, here's what you need to know.Joe CarmichaelMarch 26, 2016 I knew I had gotten Zika before I left for Puerto Rico. I knew I had gotten Zika the first morning of my arrival in Culebra, when at least one mosquito bit me four consecutive times in about as many seconds. I knew I had gotten Zika when that one really fucking aggressive mosquito bit me twice on the inside of my right wrist while I was trekking through marsh across Culebrita, and then again when those two bites swelled up to bee-sting size. I knew I had gotten Zika when my final bite count was 13. And I knew I had gotten Zi…
-
- 0 replies
- 702 views
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 935 views
-
-
So far, there have been 49 cases of Zika in the state, 22 of them in the city and five involving pregnant women. “We expect that number to go up. How high we don’t know,” Cuomo said. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gov-cuomo-rolls-zika-virus-prevention-plan-new-york-article-1.2569196
-
- 2 replies
- 476 views
-
-
Governor Cuomo Announces Comprehensive Six-Step Plan to Combat Zika VirusHEALTHPUBLIC SAFETYSHAREZika Action Plan Proactively Limits Potential Outbreak if Local Mosquitoes Begin Transmitting VirusState Distributing 100,000 Larvicide Tablets to Eliminate Zika at its SourceState Deploying Mosquito Traps Across Downstate Region to Identify, Track and Suppress Potential Zika TransmissionGovernor Launches Public Awareness Campaign & Website www.ny.gov/Zika Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced a comprehensive six-step action plan to combat potential transmission of the Zika Virus in communities across New York State. The Governor's plan targets the virus at its source –…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 369 views
-
Recently Browsing 0
- No registered users viewing this page.