Everything posted by niman
-
COVID Confirmed Minsk Belarus ex-Iran
First imported case of coronavirus registered in Belarus 448 February 28, 2020 at 08:14 TUT.BY On February 27, tests conducted at the Republican Scientific and Practical Center for Epidemiology and Microbiology showed the presence of the 2019-nCoV coronavirus in one of the students from Iran. This was reported by the press service of the Ministry of Health. Photo: Vadim Zamirovsky, TUT.BY Given the deteriorating epidemic in South Korea, Iran and Italy, the Ministry of Health of Belarus decided to conduct examinations and laboratory diagnostics of all citizens arriving from these countries from February 20. On February 27, a virus was detected in one of the citizens of Iran, who arrived on a flight from Baku on February 22. The patient and those in contact with him were placed in closed boxes in the Minsk Infectious Diseases Hospital. The young man feels satisfactory. Nowadays, sanitary and epidemiological measures are being carried out in Belarus aimed at preventing the spread of coronavirus 2019-nCoV.
-
COVID Confirmed Minsk Belarus ex-Iran
On February 27, a virus was detected in one of the citizens of Iran, who arrived on a flight from Baku on February 22. The patient and those in contact with him were placed in closed boxes in the Minsk Infectious Diseases Hospital Читать полностью: https://news.tut.by/society/674389.html
-
Wuhan 2019 Coronavirus S protein may have Furin protease cleavage sites
The above sequences are from the relevant region of the S protein. The first seven sequences are identical and are human nCoV sequences (at Genbank). The 8th sequence is from the closely related bat sequences which has 4 dashes signaling the absence of PRRA which creates the furin cleavage site (note that the two R's are basic amino acids). Thus,like high path H5 and H7 the coronavirus has a polybasic cleave site. This polybasic cleavage site is alsonot present in the more distantly related bat sequences.
-
Wuhan 2019 Coronavirus S protein may have Furin protease cleavage sites
Query 661 ECDIPIGAGICASYQTQTNSPRRARSVASQSIIAYTMSLGAENSVAYSNNSIAIPTNFTI 720 YP_009724390.1 661 ............................................................ 720 QHW06059.1 661 ............................................................ 720 QIA20044.1 661 ............................................................ 720 QHR84449.1 661 ............................................................ 720 QIC53204.1 661 ............................................................ 720 QHZ00379.1 661 ............................................................ 720 QHU79173.1 661 ............................................................ 720 QHR63300.2 661 ....................----.................................... 716 AVP78042.1 637 ..............H.AS----IL..TGQKA.V...........I..A..........S. 692 AVP78031.1 638 ..............H.AS----IL..TSQKA.V...........I..A..........S. 693 ATO98205.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ATO98157.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ALK02457.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACJ60703.1 651 ..............H.AS----VL..TGQK..V...........I..A..........S. 706 AGZ48806.1 648 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 703 ATO98132.1 648 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 703 AAS00003.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ATO98218.1 648 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.IV....T.......S. 703 AAP51227.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AGZ48828.1 648 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 703 AGZ48818.1 648 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 703 QDF43825.1 648 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 703 ATO98231.1 648 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.IV....T.......S. 703 AAV49720.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAP13567.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACZ71976.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV49723.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAX16192.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACZ71826.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV49722.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV98002.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAR07630.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAU04661.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAU04664.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAU04662.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACZ72108.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..VV.......DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACZ72020.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABD72985.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV97992.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 P59594.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV97995.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABD72972.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAR23250.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV49719.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAU04649.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACZ72254.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABD73001.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAU93319.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACZ72195.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABF68955.1 647 ...T..........H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAR91586.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACZ71797.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAU81608.1 647 .....V........H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABD72984.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABD72970.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABD72977.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV97985.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 NP_828851.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABF68957.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAT74874.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACZ71961.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABD72969.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAP33697.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABF68956.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAU04646.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABF68958.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV97998.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABD72979.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV98000.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV97984.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACZ72093.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV97990.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AFR58672.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABF65836.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ADC35483.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAT76147.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL.NTSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV91631.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABD72988.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV97986.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAS10463.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV98001.1 647 D.............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABD72995.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AGT21078.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABF68959.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACZ72122.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAS75868.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AEA10473.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAR07624.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACZ71991.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AFM43867.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AFR58714.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACQ82725.1 647 .....V........H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAR86775.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AEA10443.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAV97989.1 647 ..............H.VSS----L..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACB69894.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 AAR07629.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ACB69883.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 BAE93401.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702 ABD72982.1 647 ..............H.VS----LL..TSQK..V........DS.I.....T.......S. 702
-
Wuhan 2019 Coronavirus S protein may have Furin protease cleavage sites
It's like the polybasic cleavage site found in high path H5 (H5N1,H5N6,H5N8 etc) or H7 (H7N9) that lets the virus get into more cell types (in this case it is cells that produce furin) and produce more damage.
-
Wuhan 2019 Coronavirus S protein may have Furin protease cleavage sites
Not at all. Strongly suspect it will be in ant eater sequence released BEFORE outbreak. Time for a dictionary check on EVOLUTION (the change in S is very small)
-
Wuhan 2019 Coronavirus S protein may have Furin protease cleavage sites
A furin cleavage site was discovered in the S protein of the Wuhan 2019 novel coronavirus Xin Li12$ , Guangyou Duan 3$ , Wei Zhang 1 , Jinsong Shi4 Jiayuan Chen 2 , Shunmei Chen 5 , Shan Gao 2*, Jishou Ruan 1* 1 School of Mathematical Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin, Tianjin 300071, P.R.China; 2 College of Life Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin, Tianjin 300071, P.R.China; 3 School of Life Sciences, Qilu Normal University, Jinan, Shandong 250200, P.R.China; 4 National Clinical Research Center of Kidney Disease, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210016, P.R.China;
-
Wuhan 2019 Coronavirus S protein may have Furin protease cleavage sites
Abstract: In December 2019, Wuhan, China reported pneumonia caused by the 2019 novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Based on genomic information, our previous results showed that although 2019-nCoV and SARS coronavirus both belong to the Beta Coronavirus B subgroup (BB coronavirus), the two viruses are very different, and this result is consistent with the clinical symptoms of the two. Previous studies have also found that BB coronaviruses have a large number of variable translations, and revealed the characteristics of BB coronaviruses that mutate quickly and have high diversity at the molecular level. An important mutation in the BB coronavirus S protein was reported for the first time in this study. This mutation provided 2019-nCoV with a site for Furin protease cleavage, which is all other BB coronaviruses except mouse hepatitis coronavirus ( Including SARS and SARS-like coronavirus). This mutation has the potential to enhance the efficiency of 2019-nCoV infecting cells, which in turn makes it significantly more aggressive than SARS coronavirus. Due to this mutation, the packaging mechanism of 2019 coronavirus will also be different from most other Beta coronaviruses such as SARS, and may be the same as the packaging mechanisms of murine hepatitis coronavirus, HIV, Ebola virus and some avian influenza viruses. As an unexpected discovery, some avian influenza viruses can also obtain Furin protease cleavage sites through mutations. Subsequent research on this important mutation will lay the foundation for revealing the reasons for the strong transmission of 2019-nCoV, as well as for the development of drugs, antibodies and vaccines.
-
Wuhan 2019 Coronavirus S protein may have Furin protease cleavage sites
Submit Time: 2020-02-14 Author: Li Xin 1,2; Duan Guangyou 3; Zhang Wei 1; Shi Jinsong 4; Chen Jiayuan 2; Chen Shunmei 5; Gao Shan 2; Ruan Jishou 1; Institute: 1. School of Mathematical Sciences, Nankai University; 2. School of Life Sciences, Nankai University; 3. School of Life Sciences, Qilu Teachers College; 4. Eastern Hospital General Hospital; 5. Kunming Medical University Institute of Molecular Clinical Medicine;
-
Wuhan 2019 Coronavirus S protein may have Furin protease cleavage sites
Download Comment Hits:45241 Downloads:12425 From: 高山 Subject: Biology >> Virology DOI:10.12074/202002.00004 Keywords: 冠状病毒; Furin蛋白酶; 切割位点; HIV; 禽流感; Cite as: chinaXiv:202002.00004 (or this versionchinaXiv:202002.00004V3) Recommended references: 李鑫,段广有,张伟,施劲松,陈嘉源,陈舜梅,高山,阮吉寿.(2020).武汉2019冠状病毒S蛋白可能存在Furin蛋白酶切位点.[ChinaXiv:202002.00004] (Click&Copy) Version History [V3] 2020-02-14 16:44:10 chinaXiv:202002.00004V3 Download [V2] 2020-02-02 18:43:17 chinaXiv:202002.00004v2(View This Version) Download [V1] 2020-01-27 22:29:24 chinaXiv:202002.00004v1(View This Version) Download
-
Wuhan 2019 Coronavirus S protein may have Furin protease cleavage sites
Pre-print on furin cleavage site in 2019-nCoV Spike gene' http://chinaxiv.org/abs/202002.00004
-
Sequence of Solano CA COVID Case - Community Spread In California
Virus detail Virus name: BetaCoV/USA/CA9/2020 Accession ID: EPI_ISL_412862 Type: betacoronavirus Passage details/history: Original Sample information Collection date: 2020-02-23 Location: North America / USA / California / Solano Host: Human
-
Sequence of Solano CA COVID Case - Community Spread In California
CDC has released full sequences of Solano Co case (46F) at GISAID (BetaCoV/USA/CA9/2020) collected on Feb 23,2020.
-
COVID Positive Montreal Canada ex-Iran
COVID-19 likely in Quebec Quebec, February 27, 2020 Danielle McCann, Minister of Health and Social Services, today announced a probable case of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection in Quebec. Tests were carried out and the results of analysis from the Quebec Public Health Laboratory were positive. Another analysis must now be performed by the Winnipeg Microbiology Laboratory in order to obtain official confirmation. Accompanied by the Deputy Director General of Public Health Protection, Yves Jalbert, the Minister recalled that Quebec has adopted effective measures to both detect and manage infected people, illustrating a high level of preparedness for network for this type of situation. The infected person, who returned from a trip to Iran, went to a medical clinic because he had mild symptoms. When taking care of this person, all precautionary measures were put in place. Her condition does not require hospitalization, she is currently in solitary confinement at her home. A search for close contacts of the infected person is underway in order to apply the necessary protective measures in the community. A similar approach will be carried out in relation to his movement by plane. Quotes: “The detection of this probable case shows that we are well prepared to deal with the situation. From the start, Quebec has taken the necessary measures, implementing an efficient and reliable system, in addition to our management protocols, which are well established. The network works in close collaboration with all of the partners concerned to effectively protect Quebeckers. " Danielle McCann, Minister of Health and Social Services “Through its past experiences, Quebec is ready to face this type of situation. Several measures have been put in place to manage this probable case and limit transmission in the community. We reiterate that we take the situation very seriously, although the overall risk remains low. " Yves Jalbert, Deputy Director General of Public Health Protection Highlights: Remember that service corridors have been agreed and protocols and tools have been shared in the areas concerned. Instructions for emergency triage and case management have been distributed to the network and all facilities have a triage protocol related to the coronavirus. The protocol for taking care of patients likely to present with a severe respiratory illness has also been implemented in emergency departments of Quebec hospitals. In the current context, it is important to put into practice basic respiratory hygiene measures, which consist of covering the mouth and nose with the elbow during coughing and sneezing or with a tissue and quickly disposing of the tissue. in the garbage. Washing your hands frequently with soap and water or an alcohol-based disinfectant is an important measure to protect against most infections, including influenza and gastroenteritis, which are the most common. infections that plague this winter season in the Quebec population. Related links: Daily updates are available at the following address: https://msss.gouv.qc.ca/professionnels/maladies-infectieuses/coronavirus-2019-ncov/#situation-au-quebec . To be on the lookout for these updates, follow the MSSS Twitter account: https://twitter.com/sante_qc (@sante_qc). To learn more about the coronavirus, the public is invited to consult Québec.ca / coronavirus .
-
COVID Positive Montreal Canada ex-Iran
The infected person, who returned from a trip to Iran, went to a medical clinic because he had mild symptoms. When taking care of this person, all precautionary measures were put in place. Her condition does not require hospitalization, she is currently in solitary confinement at her home. https://www.msss.gouv.qc.ca/ministere/salle-de-presse/communique-2043/
-
COVID Confirmed Lagos Nigeria ex-Milan Italy
FIRST CASE OF CORONA VIRUS DISEASE CONFIRMED IN NIGERIA Friday, February 28, 2020 The Federal Ministry of Health has confirmed a coronavirus disease (COVID-19) case in Lagos State, Nigeria. The case, which was confirmed on the 27th of February 2020, is the first case to be reported in Nigeria since the beginning of the outbreak in China in January 2020. The case is an Italian citizen who works in Nigeria and returned from Milan, Italy to Lagos, Nigeria on the 25th of February 2020. He was confirmed by the Virology Laboratory of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, part of the Laboratory Network of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control. The patient is clinically stable, with no serious symptoms, and is being managed at the Infectious Disease Hospital in Yaba, Lagos. The Government of Nigeria, through the Federal Ministry of Health has been strengthening measures to ensure an outbreak in Nigeria is controlled and contained quickly. The multi-sectoral Coronavirus Preparedness Group led by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has immediately activated its national Emergency Operations Centre and will work closely with Lagos State Health authorities to respond to this case and implement firm control measures. I wish to assure all Nigerians that have we have been beefing up our preparedness capabilities since the first confirmation of cases in China, and we will use all the resources made available by the government to respond to this case. We have already started working to identify all the contacts of the patient, since he entered Nigeria. Please be reminded that most people who become infected may experience only mild illness and recover easily, but it can be more severe in others, particularly the elderly and persons with other underlying chronic illnesses. All Nigerians should take care of their health and maintain hand and respiratory hygiene to protect themselves and others, including their own families, following the precautions below: 1. Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser. 2. Maintain at least 1 & half metres (5 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing. 3. Persons with persistent cough or sneezing should stay home or keep a social distance, but not mix in crowd. 4. Make sure you and people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene, meaning cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or into your sleeve at the bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately. 5. Stay home if you feel unwell with symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing. Please call NCDC toll free number which is available day and night, for guidance- 0800-970000-10. Do not engage in self-medication 6. Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19 through official channels on TV and Radio, including the Lagos State Ministry of Health, NCDC and Federal Ministry of Health. Citizens must not abuse social media and indulge in spreading misinformation that causes fear and panic. The Federal Ministry of Health, through Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, will continue to provide updates and will initiate all measures required to prevent the spread of any outbreak in Nigeria. Dr Osagie Ehanire Hon. Minister of Health
-
COVID Confirmed Lagos Nigeria ex-Milan Italy
The case is an Italian citizen who works in Nigeria and returned from Milan, Italy to Lagos, Nigeria on the 25th of February 2020 https://ncdc.gov.ng/news/227/first-case-of-corona-virus-disease-confirmed-in-nigeria
-
COVID Cluster Heinsberg North Rhine-Westphalia Links To Brandenberg Water Park
Infected probably several days in the “Tropical Island” +++ According to a report, a person infected with the corona virus is said to have spent several days in the “Tropical Island” water park in Brandenburg. As the RBB writes, the person had visited the bath with a group of five between February 20 and 23. The person is said to have been in contact with the infected couple from North Rhine-Westphalia. Experts from the Charité in Berlin had assessed the risk of infection from the climatic conditions as low, said Brandenburg Health Minister Ursula Nonnemacher.
-
COVID Cluster Heinsberg North Rhine-Westphalia Links To Brandenberg Water Park
a person infected with the corona virus is said to have spent several days in the “Tropical Island” water park in Brandenburg https://www.n-tv.de/panorama/21-07-Schwedin-nach-Deutschland-Reise-positiv-getestet--article21602064.html
-
Iran National Soccer Player 23M Dies In Qom from COVID
Iran: Vice President sick - footballer dead +++ The Deputy Minister of Health of Iran is already suffering from the corona virus. Now Vice President Massumeh Ebtekar has also tested positive. According to the state news agency IRNA, the 59-year-old is currently at home under medical supervision. All members of their team in the Department of Women's and Family Rights in the Presidential Office must now also be tested. In addition, according to a report by the news portal Rokna, an Iranian soccer player died of lung disease Covid-19. 23-year-old Elham Sheikhi, who also played on the national team, was ill last week and reportedly died in the city of Qom on Wednesday.
-
Iran National Soccer Player 23M Dies In Qom from COVID
23-year-old Elham Sheikhi, who also played on the national team, was ill last week and reportedly died in the city of Qom on Wednesday https://www.n-tv.de/panorama/21-07-Schwedin-nach-Deutschland-Reise-positiv-getestet--article21602064.html
-
COVID Confirmed Sweden ex-Germany
Swedish woman tested positive after trip to Germany After a stay in Germany, a woman in Sweden tested positive for the corona virus. The Swedish health authority said that she was infected with the virus in Germany. Where the woman was in the Federal Republic was not disclosed. According to the Swedish authorities, the woman is now in a hospital north of Stockholm. The total number of confirmed cases in Sweden rose to seven.
-
COVID Confirmed Sweden ex-Germany
After a stay in Germany, a woman in Sweden tested positive for the corona virus. The Swedish health authority said that she was infected with the virus in Germany. https://www.n-tv.de/panorama/21-07-Schwedin-nach-Deutschland-Reise-positiv-getestet--article21602064.html
-
COVID Cluster Heinsberg North Rhine-Westphalia Increases To 20
In North Rhine-Westphalia, 14 other people have been shown to be infected with the novel corona virus. The district of Heinsberg and the NRW Ministry of Health announced in the evening that the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in the district of Heinsberg had increased to 20. https://www.n-tv.de/panorama/19-17-NRW-meldet-14-neue-Infektionen--article21602064.html
-
Community COVID 62M Transmission In Seville Spain
A 62-year-old man who has been in a Seville hospital for pneumonia since February 20 has been confirmed as the first case of local Covid-19 contagion registered in Spain. The diagnosis is highly significant as it confirms the suspicions of many specialists after the spike in coronavirus cases in Italy: “The virus has been circulating for several days in Spain and we hadn’t detected it,” said the head of infectious diseases at a major Spanish hospital earlier this week. The patient, who is being treated at the Virgen del Rocío hospital in Seville, is from nearby Huelva and has not left Spain in recent weeks, according to the regional government, who suggested that a “meeting held in Málaga” could have been the origin of his infection. By Thursday afternoon a total of 17 cases had been reported in Spain. Of these, 15 were detected this week after hospitals adopted new criteria and began testing pneumonia patients for Covid-19. One patient in the Madrid region is reported to be in serious condition, with the other cases described as mild. The most severe case is a 77-year-old with pre-existing medical conditions who is being treated in a hospital in Torrejón de Ardoz, in the east of Madrid. Obviously, if there are cases with risk factors, it is possible that someone will die in our country FERNANDO SIMÓN, COORDINATION CENTER FOR HEALTH ALERTS AND EMERGENCIES The sudden increase and the confirmation that the disease is now being transmitted in Spain brings “a new scenario in which the health system and society will have to learn to live with the virus,” said all of the experts consulted by EL PAÍS. “Obviously there have to be fatalities,” said Fernando Simón, director of the Health Ministry’s Coordination Center for Health Alerts and Emergencies. “It is not a serious disease, but it is not trivial either. Obviously, if there are cases with risk factors, it is possible that someone will die in our country.” Spain’s eastern Valencia region confirmed its second case of coronavirus on Thursday: a man who was among the 2,500 Valencia soccer club fans who traveled to Milan on February 19 to see their team in a Champions League match. Meanwhile a new infection was also confirmed in Barcelona on Thursday: a 22-year-old woman from Tenerife who had also recently traveled to Milan. We’re not going to see hospitals overwhelmed with thousands of sick people PERE GODOY, PRESIDENT OF THE SPANISH EPIDEMIOLOGY SOCIETY A total of four cases were confirmed in Spain on Wednesday, including the man being treated in Seville. But the other three – in Madrid, Barcelona and the Canary Island of La Gomera – were, like the previous cases, detected in people who had picked up the infection abroad. The first two cases were discovered in La Gomera on January 31, and on the Balearic Island of Palma de Mallorca on February 9, but both of those patients have since been released from hospital. While the situation is significant, it is not particularly dramatic, the experts say. “Mortality from the coronavirus is relatively low, between 2% and 3%, and it is lower outside of China,” explained Pere Godoy, the president of the Spanish Epidemiology Society. “Its transmissibility, while not negligible, is also not explosive. We’re not going to see hospitals overwhelmed with thousands of sick people. The Spanish health system is amply prepared to deal with whatever is coming.” The number of infections could be five, 10 or 100, we just don’t know ANDALUSIAN HEALTH SOURCES An example helps to put the problem into perspective. All of the cases diagnosed in Italy until yesterday – 400, most of them light – are approximately the same that any major Spanish hospital would deal with for flu during the annual spike in the illness. The discovery of the local infection in the case of the man from Huelva was no coincidence, but rather thanks to a change in the clinical protocols in Spanish hospitals. After the rise in cases in Italy, health centers in Spain are now actively testing patients who are being treated for pneumonia where the origin of the illness is unclear. Until Monday, such tests were only being carried out on patients who had recently traveled to China. “We are like Italy last Friday,” health sources from Andalusia explained. “The number of infections could be five, 10 or 100, we just don’t know.” The Andalusian authorities have begun to investigate all of the contact the man from Huelva has had, while the patient himself is being treated in isolation. His condition is not serious. English version by Simon Hunter. https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-02-27/spain-reports-first-locally-transmitted-coronavirus-case.html