Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Recombinomics Inc.

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Pandemic Potentials Blog

Interviews On Novel 2019-nCoV Coronavirus In Wuhan

Featured Replies

  • Author

Mar 26

Increases in NY and NJ insures that the US will be #1 in world for confirmed COVID cases today

Trump released plan to Balkanize the US through easing of social distancing efforts for select regions

Trump should not have anything to do with management of a pandemic response

https://recombinomics.co/thedrnimanshow/2020/03/032620.mp3

  • Replies 401
  • Views 59.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Mar 11 WHO Declares Pandemic Presidential oval office speech European sans UK travel ban Failure to understand the definition of pandemic Market reaction NBA shutdown

  • Mar 13 National Emergency Funding Good marks form acknowledging emergency Lots of handshaking Mar-a-Lago links to confirmed and suspect COVID cases Difficulties getting t

  • I expect this pandemic to be worse in the US than 1918, and Trump's role will loom large.

Dr. Niman, I wish you wouldn't be so focused on President Trump in the current situation. I agree that the Trump Administration has done a miserable job in preparing for a pandemic (like all previous administrations, although some did better) and is doing an absolutely horrible job in handling this one, but the question really needs to be raised as to how much power the POTUS really has. For example, can you really say with certainty that Trump isn't under threat to do what he is told or face assassination or harm to his family? In my opinion this country, like perhaps all others, is an oligarchy, not a democracy (as I explain somewhat in a draft article at MEVoting.com), and personally I think it was courageous of Trump to use a phrase like "deep State Department" in one of his press conferences the other day.

I saw an article yesterday which said the reason Trump hasn't yet used his powers under Defense Production Act is, at least in part, due to pressure from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and some business leaders. So I don't think he has as much freedom as you (and Jeff Rense, especially) seem to think he does, and I think if he was impeached and Pence became president the country might be considerably worse off than it is now. I think a Clinton Administration would probably have done a lot better with regard to preparedness and the response to Covid-19, but with her anti-Russia, anti-Putin rhetoric it might possibly have gotten us into a nuclear war. You might want to read Stephen F. Cohen, professor emeritus of Russian studies and politics at New York University and Princeton University: https://www.thenation.com/authors/stephen-f-cohen/

I think a lot of people who were very critical of President Trump before this crisis are using the crisis for political reasons, to attack him further, and that's a distraction from the discussion and decision-making which is needed at this time. I'm all for criticizing the policies of the Trump Administration to hopefully effect a change, but I think personal attacks are counterproductive.

Edited by Jon Schultz

Quote

I think Trump got bad advice from his public health experts early on. What unfolded wasn't showing up in their data so their plan to contain the virus didn't work.

 

 

 

3 hours ago, Jon Schultz said:

Dr. Niman, I wish you wouldn't be so focused on President Trump in the current situation. I agree that the Trump Administration has done a miserable job in preparing for a pandemic (like all previous administrations, although some did better) and is doing an absolutely horrible job in handling this one, but the question really needs to be raised as to how much power the POTUS really has. For example, can you really say with certainty that Trump isn't under threat to do what he is told or face assassination or harm to his family? In my opinion this country, like perhaps all others, is an oligarchy, not a democracy (as I explain somewhat in a draft article at MEVoting.com), and personally I think it was courageous of Trump to use a phrase like "deep State Department" in one of his press conferences the other day.

I saw an article yesterday which said the reason Trump hasn't yet used his powers under Defense Production Act is, at least in part, due to pressure from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and some business leaders. So I don't think he has as much freedom as you (and Jeff Rense, especially) seem to think he does, and I think if he was impeached and Pence became president the country might be considerably worse off than it is now. I think a Clinton Administration would probably have done a lot better with regard to preparedness and the response to Covid-19, but with her anti-Russia, anti-Putin rhetoric it might possibly have gotten us into a nuclear war. You might want to read Stephen F. Cohen, professor emeritus of Russian studies and politics at New York University and Princeton University: https://www.thenation.com/authors/stephen-f-cohen/

I think a lot of people who were very critical of President Trump before this crisis are using the crisis for political reasons, to attack him further, and that's a distraction from the discussion and decision-making which is needed at this time. I'm all for criticizing the policies of the Trump Administration to hopefully effect a change, but I think personal attacks are counterproductive.

I agree personal attacks are counterproductive.

55 minutes ago, niman said:

I expect this pandemic to be worse in the US than 1918, and Trump's role will loom large.

Do you mean a fall 2020 CV19 wave might be worse than the fall 1918 H1N1 wave? 

11 minutes ago, niman said:

Yes, if there is no treatment.

Whoa?.  Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but a widely-used treatment by the time school starts (if it does?)  seems unlikely. 

This is an excellent interview, imo, from Tuesday with Dr. Michael Osterholm of CIDRAP who I'm sure you know, Dr. Niman, is an epidemiologist who has been warning about the need for pandemic preparedness for about as long as you have. He opines that implementing the Defense Production Act would not significantly increase the supply of PPEs (I hope Jeff Rense will listen) and questions whether school closings is in fact a good idea considering how many health care workers consequently have to stay at home with their kids, among other comments on various aspects of the pandemic.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/podcasts-webinars/episode-1-how-we-got-here

Edited by Jon Schultz

  • Author
On 3/27/2020 at 4:28 AM, Jon Schultz said:

This is an excellent interview, imo, from Tuesday with Dr. Michael Osterholm of CIDRAP who I'm sure you know, Dr. Niman, is an epidemiologist who has been warning about the need for pandemic preparedness for about as long as you have. He opines that implementing the Defense Production Act would not significantly increase the supply of PPEs (I hope Jeff Rense will listen) and questions whether school closings is in fact a good idea considering how many health care workers consequently have to stay at home with their kids, among other comments on various aspects of the pandemic.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/podcasts-webinars/episode-1-how-we-got-here

He is correct on "just in time", but I don't put much weight on the rest.

The Italian strain has taken over the eastern US and has a serious foothold in the west. 

Looking backwards at Asia is for those who can't read a sequence, and if you keep looking backwards you will miss the freight train in front of you.

Did the Italian virus strain start in China and change in the process of moving to Italy? Is the Italian strain more virulent than the strain that  is said to have started in China?   is the freight train specific only to the Italian strain?

Edited by CoffeeLover
Clarity

Since treatment doesn't seem to be an option because of the rapid evolvement and spread, is sheltering in place the only effective option at this time?  And would that seem to be for an extended period of time, correct?

 At this point, does it matter if a lay person knows the difference between Italian and China origin? It really becomes a matter of survival vs  the need for professional expertise.

 I really appreciate your input, because you are the only one who has put it straight and applicable to daily life.  I read the sequences, and understood them during the bird flu days, but this is new and just too much right now.

I am so tired of hearing the word modeling when applied to this virus development..It’s like an illusion and pretend knowledge full of holes. Especially those  in the press conferences.

Edited by CoffeeLover
Clarity

  • Author

Mar 26

US #1 in confirmed COVID cases

US in different league

85,000 in US

17,000 New Cases in 1 day

Doubles every two days

Only countries with totals above 17,000 - France, Iran, Germany, Spain, China

Tomorrow will hit 20,000 per day

White House briefing in 2 parts

1st part is campaign rally

CDC Cited PPE supply chain issues 1 1/2 months ago

Europe and Middle East spread began Feb 21 (by Italy and Iran)

http://mediaarchives.gsradio.net/rense/special/rense_032620_hr3.mp3

 

Edited by niman

  • Author

Mar 27

Italy 919 deaths  Spain 737

US over 100,000 confirmed COVID cases

Over 20,000 cases in one day

US topped 400 deaths in one day

Will soon be #3 on deaths (will pass France, Iran, and China) by early next week

Boris Johnson positive (UK now above 2100 deaths in one day)

None really can compete with the US (only Spain and Italy getting more deaths per day)

New York blockade (Balkanization of United States)

911 on hold (priority to heart attacks and breathing difficulties)

Younger cases on ventilators

http://mediaarchives.gsradio.net/rense/special/rense_032720_hr3.mp3

Edited by niman

  • Author

Mar 30

Unnecessary  deaths

Estimates between 1-2.2 million deaths

"Good outcome" 100-200,000 deaths

If everything done just right

Everything is NOT being done

No national lock down

Testing limits

Who can be tested (HCW and severe symptoms first)

State testing determined by governors

Still flying blind

5-6 states started lock down today

Florida loaded in Miami, Broward, Palm beach

No spring break limits

US #1 in world by wide margin

Became #1 last week - went from 80,00 to 100,00 to 163,000 (Italy closest with 100,000)

23,000 new cases today (have doubled China)

Close in on daily death toll of Italy and Spain (800-900 / day)

US up to 600 / day

Sequences becoming increasingly available

Lineages defined

NY dominated by Italian lineage

http://mediaarchives.gsradio.net/rense/special/rense_033020_hr3.mp3

  • Author

Mar 31

White House briefing

Trump knowledge of pandemic

US set records today

More deaths (almost 900) than Italy or Spain

Tomorrow we will be above 200,000 confirmed COVID cases

Other states like NJ, MI, LA adding significant numbers

Other states will have over 100 deaths per day

More sequences from Manhattan and Nassau

30/34 NY sequences match Italy

http://mediaarchives.gsradio.net/rense/special/rense_033120_hr3.mp3

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.